Transport Scotland is the national transport agency for Scotland.
Transport underpins how Scotland works and performs. Through the development of transport projects and policies Transport Scotland supports businesses, communities and services, connecting people across Scotland and beyond.
Transport is a vital feature of the Scottish Government's focus on increasing sustainable economic growth.
Our remit incorporates:
- Rail and trunk road networks
- Major public transport projects
- National concessionary travel schemes
- Impartial travel services
- Coordinating the National Transport Strategy for Scotland
- Liaising with regional transport partnerships, including monitoring of funding
- Sustainable transport, road safety and accessibility
- Local roads policy
- Aviation, bus, freight and taxi policy
- Ferries, ports and harbors
- The Blue Badge Scheme
An agency of the Scottish Government, they are accountable to Parliament and the public through Scottish Ministers.